Thursday, May 1, 2008

Corset


Motivation is a weird thing. I suddenly got motivated to make a corset. Then I can wear it with the dress. So I took a little detour to corset land using a video I found on Threadbangers.

You know how it is when you have a kid and you can't get them into the tub, and then once they are in, you can't get them out? Sewing is like that for me. I couldn't seem to get into it, so I decided to work on the corset 30 minutes and the dress 30 minutes. It took me 30 minutes on the corset just to press it and mark the boning channels and get an idea of where the grommets would go, then the timer dinged. I had only just sat down at the sewing machine and my 30 minutes were up! So I went ahead and sewed the four boning channels and added the boning and then I topstitched around the perimeter and ironed it all again. Here is a photo of me trying it on.

No comments: